Sunday, January 31, 2010

Eat from the Pantry wrap-up

Budget: $100
Total spent: $85.65

Can you believe it? I recalculated the number twice to make sure I did it right. ;o) When I read on Myra's blog about the pantry challenge, I thought to myself, "Oh, well, I could probably do that for a week or two." But the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to give it a real shot. And I didn't completely wipe out my pantry or freezer. The only thing we are really lacking in right now is meats and perishables but I didn't choose to replenish these just yet because we will be leaving tomorrow night for our Disney vacation.
Also, Brookshire's still hasn't marked their merchandise down to 50% so I didn't really do any blow-out shopping there like I had thought.

Here is what my pantry looks like now, at the end of the challenge.
That is not a full view of the pantry but that was all I could feature in one picture. Please ignore the fact that it is thoroughly unorganized. 
Note all of those noodle packages down low? I believe I still have 8-10 packages of various noodles that I got for about $0.50 a piece. Got any good recipes that use noodles? Let me know!
T and I have decided to Eat from the Pantry every couple of months. Overall, it has been a great experience and it is nice to know that without that extra money, we most likely wouldn't have been able to go to Disney World. Quite a reward, eh? :o)

3 comments:

Shoshanah said...

Congrats on making your goal!! And hope you have a great time off at Disneyworld!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's great!!!! Have an awesome time at Disney!

JG said...

Good job! I'll have to look that up, once we've got a pantry again! :)