Monday, January 25, 2010

Last Week of the Eat from the Pantry Challenge!

Menu Monday
Eat From the Pantry Challenge Final Week - Life As Mom and Money Saving Mom.


I am absolutely amazed at how well this challenge has gone. I am about $25 under budget, but I will be spending that later this week. Our local Brookshire's stores are closing. Tomorrow morning they are marking all merchandise down to 50% off and they will still be taking coupons! I know I am going to go over my $100 budget for the month at that point but I feel like it is totally justifiable. :)

Here are the meals I still have left in our pantry.
Baked Italian Chicken Spaghetti
Rice Balls
Deer Roast, Rice and Gravy
Deer Steak
Baked lemon pepper fish
Spaghetti
Blackeyed Pea Casserole

Honestly, I feel like there is still a lot in our freezer and pantry to eat. Definitely enough to last us until we leave for Disney World in a week.

4 comments:

Miranda Tucci said...

Way to go girl! That's awesome! :)

Amanda @ Our Oklahoma Nest said...

This is such a good idea! I definitely need to eat all the things in my pantry, instead of shopping for more!

Oh, and I did not make the bread! I wish I was that good! It came from Kroger. :)

Have a good night!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's awesome that they're gonna take coupons but that stinks that they're closing!

Shoshanah said...

I'm awfully impressed on how many meals you were able to come up with from your pantry over these past few weeks. And it will totally be worth it knowing most of the money you're saving will be going towards your Disneyworld trip.