Saturday, January 9, 2010

And then she bought groceries

I had to cave and buy a few groceries. We are still well under our $100 budget for the month. If I wasn't so lazy, I would get up off the couch and give the exact total but I am totally not feeling it right now. Just keeping it real.
Work was exhausting tonight. We weren't busy. In fact we were dreadfully slow. I hate slow. It made my 8.5 hour shift feel like 14+ hours.

Anyway, we bought bread(loaf, hoagies, hamburger buns, hotdog buns - seriously a LOT of bread but we plow through it like no bodies business), milk, some reduced meat and a few little things that we needed to make some extra meals. It was $27ish. I think we did alright for several reasons:
- This was a non-planned(as in NO coupons) trip
- A hungry husband accompanied me to the store
- And a very tired wife was just ready to get home(read: didn't say no as much as she should have ;) ha)

Honestly, some people might not be impressed by the number or our progress. But I feel great that we have gone 2 weeks without buying groceries, we still have plenty of food to eat from our freezer and pantry and I ONLY spent $27. As long as we stay under our $100 goal for the month, I will be a happy lady. I plan on doing some coupoining over the next couple of days but most of it will be household items rather than groceries.

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's great that you're still under your goal number!!

JG said...

Hey, any trip to the store that spends less than $50 I consider a success! Kudos :)