Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I could not wait to put up the decorations here at our apartment. But I was "good" and waited until Thanksgiving day to redesign my blog for Christmas. I kept putting it off and putting it off. I had every intention creating my background, header and tags beforehand but it is so much easier to play around with it and get the sizing right if you go ahead and do it all at once. While my casseroles were cooking this afternoon I decided I should go ahead design. So here it is.

I know it isn't marvelous and it most certainly isn't professionally or well done. But I have fun doing it. =)

T took me on a date last night. We started the night out by going to Wal-mart to buy a new kennel for Coach(the one he had was about 10 years old, literally) and a new bed for Lady. Totally romantic, I know. We stopped off at my parents to exchange a few things we needed to cook our dishes today. Then we headed back to this side of town for Olive Garden. Delicious.
After dinner we hit a late movie to see The Blind Side. Great movie! We decided to go to the smaller/older theater in our area because the tickets are cheaper there on weeknights and we wanted to steer clear of any crowds(such as crazy teenagers going to see New Moon for the 5th time. ha). The theater was so slow that they didn't even have the ticket office outside open. Before dinner we drove by and T went inside to buy the tickets. There was one girl operating the ticket computer and running the concession stand. He said that as soon as he walked in the girl said, "Mhmm, white boy!" When he got back in the car and told me, I couldn't help laughing. What was even funnier was when we came to actually watch the movie, the girl said, "Ugh. Of course the white boy is with a white girl." I almost lost it right there. Apparently they are used to white boys coming in there. Or maybe just not good looking ones. ;) 'Cause you know I'm not biased. At all. HA. Despite the fact that it is considered to be the "sketchy" theater, it wasn't all that bad. I'm all for saving money on movie tickets because then we can actually afford to go more often. :o)


I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I actually ate a lot less than I thought I would. We slept late (skipping breakfast), I ate my leftovers from Olive Garden for lunch and then only had one plate for dinner. It was a great evening of laughing, eating and spending time with many of my favorite people.

T is working tonight, 11pm-7am. :( I am home with the babies, candles lit all over the living room, Christmas tree and mantle lit and tackling the task of a homemade advent calendar. I'll have to post pictures when it gets done. Maybe I should have said IF it gets done. I am starting it so late and it is taking a lot longer to do each piece than I expected. Of course, I would be making more progress if I wasn't on the computer right now. ;)

Good luck to all of you braving the crowds for Black Friday shopping. I will be at my mom's baking away with the girls in my family until I have to go to work at 4.
Another thing I am thankful for? NOT having to open and work the breakfast shift tomorrow morning at Chickfila. In other words, not having to be there at 4:30am and working through the Black Friday shopping crowds!

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I know exactly what you mean! It took everything I had NOT to put them up before thanksgiving!

The Blind Side was excellent!