Thursday, September 17, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Dinner Recipes

These three recipes are so simple to make but absolutely delicious. They are my mom's recipes so I grew up eating them and, thankfully, Trevor loves them! :)


Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
1 pkg Beef Stew Meat
1 Onion - cut in rings
1 pkg mushrooms - slices
1 Onion Soup Mix
2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
16 ox Sour Cream
1 pkg Egg Noodles

Put stew meat in the crockpot, covered with onion, mushrooms, onion soup mix, and cream of mushroom soup.
Cook on LOW all day.
When ready to serve, stir in sour cream and cooked egg noodles.

Campfire Stew
1 lb ground meat
2 cans vegetable soup
1 can corn
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Brown the ground meat and drain off excess fat. Add other ingredients plus 1/3 can of water. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes.

Chicken Rice Casserole
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Chicken Noodle soup
3/4 cup rice, long grain - raw
4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 tbsp Italian Dressing
Dash of salt
Dash of black pepper

Combine the two soups in a medium casserole dish. Add 1/4 cup water and the rice. Blend well. Place chicken on top of rice mixture. Pour Italian dressing over chicken. Salt and pepper lightly. Cover and back in a 350 degree over for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Uncover and brown 15 minutes more.

9 comments:

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

The Crockpot Beef Stroganoff sounds amazing! I think it will be on my dinner list for next week. Thanks for sharing!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I just got a crockpot so I'm gonna have to give that one a try!

Heather said...

I love Beef Stroganoff, and I have never thought about doing it in the crock pot!! Sounds so good!! Thanks for sharing!

noahandlylasmommi said...

I made a similar chicken and rice casserole. Yummy :) The stroganoff sounds good! Thanks!

Bernie said...

Oh this sounds amazing. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet message. I am glad that I found your blog. I hope you will stop by again to see more of my pictures in the future.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Warmly,

Bernie

Jenn said...

I am a HUGE crock pot fan and these recipes sound delicious!

Chris said...

The beef stroganoff sounds yumeee..thanks for sharing, this one I will try next! Anything to save time! :)

oliviasmommy07 said...

I am making the beef stroganoff today! Thanks so much for sharing. I needed something new and different!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Yay more crockpot recipes!! I'm definitely a SIMPLE cooker. Thanks for these!!