Saturday, September 12, 2009

Labor Day Weekend Pictures - a wee bit late ;)

Friday night, Trevor had a home game to coach at CCA so we didn't head out of town until rather late. We got to my grandmother's house around midnight. This is the sight in the den that greeted us. Caleb was sleeping on an air mattress... but he was burrowed down and it just looked like a pile of sheets. You can barely see his head in this picture. Guess the poor little dude was tired. :)We spent Saturday working on Grandmommy's house. Some of the family had made a trip several weeks back and scraped paint from the windows and put fresh paint on them. There were a few windows that didn't get done so we finished those. We (meaning the men with Grandmommy, D'Lynn and I supervising) tore down a covering that my grandfather had built about 25 years ago. The wood was starting to rot, so Grandmommy asked us to just tear it down.
My dad and I couldn't think of what to call this thing. It isn't quite a gazebo. I think it could be categorized under awning, covering, etc.
I remember many, many summer mornings spent eating breakfast on a table under this covering. And hours curled up with books. Next time we go back we are putting bars on her dining room windows - the ones you can see on the right hand side of most of those pictures. Because of how the house is built, the garage is on the left hand side of this courtyard, making those windows the only windows that her neighbors can't see. She said she would just feel more safe if there was no temptation for anyone looking to break into her house.

We went to church with Grandmommy Sunday morning and then ate a delicious lunch before heading home. I took the opportunity to snap a few photos. Our family isn't very good about taking pictures together on a regular basis. For some reason the pictures didn't turn out the best quality, not really sure why. :(

My Poppa and Grandmommy.

Me and Grandmommy

Me and my youngest sister D'Lynn GraceMe and my sweetheart. :o)

Sunday night Winnie came over to spend the night. We stayed up watching Harvey Girls, Calamity Jane and the original version of Rodgers and Hammerstein's State Fair.

All 3 of us took advantage of the holiday and slept in Monday morning. I cooked breakfast and then Winnie and I settled in to watch a ridiculous amount of Dr. Quinn episodes that had accumulated on our DVR. All in all, it was a great relaxing, lazy day.

Tuesday was my birthday. I got my free Seattle Drip coffee in the morning on the way to school. That night Trevor and I went on a free birthday date. Because of the way things are for us financially, I knew that this birthday wasn't going to be anything extravagant. But it was perfect. :) Trevor bought me "The Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks which came out on my birthday. I love Nicholas Sparks' books! We used some of my free movie passes to go see Julie and Julia and used a coupon for a free pizza, brought it home and had a picnic on the living room floor. It was so nice to be able to relax and not worry about cooking or cleaning. Trevor set candles up all over my bath room and drew me a bubble bath. It was so nice and relaxing! He cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed the entire apartment while I was enjoying my bubble bath. :)

The rest of the week was rather "normal" with school, working here and there and getting a lot of things done around the house. Trevor's team played in Meridian last night. I had to miss the game because of Pinelake's choir retreat. We went to a camp about an hour away and had a practice session last night and two today to get a jump start on learning the music for our Christmas program. I am so excited! I can't wait to see what God is going to do with this program. :) Unfortunately, I got another headache and had to skip out on most of the rehearsal last night. It is so frustrating. Anytime I get a headache - migraine, sinus or otherwise, I throw up. Which means I have been throwing up an average of 2 days a week for the past 3 months. I hate missing out on this and I despise being unproductive. I am just praying for a solution and some relief.

Tonight we are going to my parent's house for a big birthday dinner to celebrate several birthdays in our family. BJ's birthday is Sept. 3, my birthday is Sept. 8th, Trevor's and Heather's birthday is Sept. 15, and Caleb's birthday is Sept. 19th. I can't wait for my Poppa's homemade pizza and for homemade Milky Way ice cream! =)

No comments: