Tuesday, February 24, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

After being tagged multiple times, I have decided to finally jump on the bandwagon and fill this out. Bear with me as this will probably take 10 times as long for me to write as it will for you to read.

1) I actually like to clean, especially doing laundry and washing the dishes. I just don't like feeling like I am forced to do those things.
2) I love my family an absolutely ridiculous amount and I don't know what I would do without them. I am close to each of my six siblings, I have great relationships with my parents and wonderful relationships with my Grandmommy and my cousin Valerie. I cherish every single one of them.
3) I have called my sister(Heather) Honey for as long as I can remember. Don't know why. She's just my Honey.
4) People actually think I have a sister named Honey.
5) I have to sleep with something over me. I could be completely burning up and still have the sheet over me because I simply can not sleep without something covering me. Thankfully, Trevor likes the room to be completely cold when we sleep so that we can be at a comfortable temperature while snuggled under our blankets.
6) I have a new hobby of digi-scrapbooking. I have been downloading kits for a while but I am just not getting to really play with them and make layouts.
7) Ponchatoula, LA is one of my favorite places ever. It combines some of my favorite things in life: my Grandmommy, Hi-Ho BBQ sandwiches, antiques and a wonderfully adorable small town.
8) I am a firm believer in tears being therapeutic. Therefore, I cry alot. haha
9) I have the most precious neice, Josie, who now knows how to say my name but still calls me Aunt Monkey... and I don't really mind it. I think it's hilarious.
10) I can't wait to be a mom but we are waiting until we are both done with school. Trevor will make an amazing dad one day!
11) I love jackets - light, heavy, pull-over, whatever. I have entirely too many of them.
12) I like to dress up and look cute, but in reality I would much rather put on comfy jeans and a t-shirt. And this is what usually wins out when I am getting ready for school at 6am.
13) I never wore makeup until I was in college. Growing up, my parents encouraged us to not wear makeup. I appreciate this now because I feel comfortable in my own skin and don't feel like I have to "put on my face" every morning before I face the world. I love to wear makeup but only do it occasionally. Because I didn't grow up wearing it, I still feel slightly ackward with applying it and wearing it. Strange, I know.
14) When Winnie(13) was little, I used to wrap her up and put her in my plastic sewing box. A few times I even floated her in this makeshift basket in a bathtub full of water. This earned her the nickname of "Baby Moses" in my family. What can I say? I grew up with my own live baby doll and I loved playing with her.
15) I completely cherish memories from my childhood. I loved growing up in a Christian family and some of my favorite memories are from roadtrips with my family where we would sing in the car for hours. I specifically remember: Adventures in Odyssey, Hide 'Em in Your Heart, Psalty, Sandy Patty and the Friendship Company, Accapella Kids.... so many more. I want to make sure my kids grow up in such a loving, caring and Christian environment.
16) I was homeschool until I was in the 10th grade. For 10th grade and the first semester of 11th grade, I went to Veritas. After Christmas, I stayed home and finished up highschool in the last semester of my 11th grade while taking dual-enrollment classes at Hinds. I don't regret either experience(homeschooling or private school) and appreciate the opportunity to graduate early.
17) I joined a sorority my second year at USM. It was completely unexpected of me, as I am completely opposite of your stereotypical sorority girl but I absolutely loved it!
18) Trevor and I have almost been married for a year! He is truly my best friend and I am still overwhelmed with how blessed I truly am to have him.
19) I love vegetables, but I could never be a vegetarian. I couldn't give up eating chicken, fish, etc. I truly applaud people who have made that commitment.
20) I am slowly but surely getting the hang of "couponing" and I love seeing how much I save and seeing Trevor's reactions to the totals. =)
21) I absolutely love shopping at Sam's and would probably do so more often if it didn't hurt my wallet so much. haha. Truly, it saves money in the long haul, it just seems so painful at the time!
22) I was paralyzed in highschool from complex migraine episodes. I still have migraines but I try not to complain about them too much because I know the episodes could be a lot worse.
23) A particular relative(whom I was not very close to anyhow) said that she didn't come to see me in the hospital because she saw no point in rewarding childish behavior and didn't support people faking illnesses in order to gain attention. I kid you not... She told me this to my face after I got out of the hospital. It really hurt me that 1) she would think I was faking something that was medically evident, 2) she thought so little of my character, and 3) that she actually said this to my face. I have only told a few people this - ever. Well, until now. But I think my secret is safe considering no one actually reads this. HA. Because of that I am very self-conscious anytime I say that I don't feel good. I would never fake something in order to get attention. geesh. End of rant...
24) I absolutely can not stand music where you can't understand what the person is saying. This includes, but is not limited to, rap, heavy metal, etc... I just don't understand the point of it. And I hate "music" where there is a lot of screaming... to me that is just not music.
25) I like to laugh and I enjoy making others laugh. But not at stupid things or ill-humor. Just pure, sweet, innocent fun and laughter. It's good for the soul.

I guess that is all for now. I think I am going to finish folding some clothes and then I will, hopefully, get to go to bed a little early. =)
Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have to sleep with something over me too. :) how's married life been so far?

. said...

I so love reading your blogs! (hug)