Friday, January 16, 2009

Farewell and Thank you, Mr. President

As many other bloggers have noted:

Mike Warren says it so well...

In the end, the government under George W. Bush succeeded in its most important role: since 2001, we have been kept safe at home, able to go about our lives. We go to school or to work, we spend time with our families and friends, we worship in peace; we go to sports games, see movies, volunteer for others, pursue our own understanding of happiness. We are the luckiest people in the world, and other people hate us for it. They are willing to kill us over it. After 9/11, George W. Bush refused to allow that to happen on our soil again. We owe so much, and I am ever grateful.

Thank you, Mr. President

(I am not sure if the link is working correctly, it was having problems earlier).

I won't get into a huge political discussion or rant here but I thought that it was a closing to the chapter worth noting. I agree with this quote a lot. And I thought Bush's Farewell Address was moving. I think GWB did the best with the situation he was handed and respect and admire him a lot. He has shown continuous faith in our Father. He was tremendously gracious and compassionate, handling all the criticism and flack thrown at him with dignity and humility... I am thankful for what he has done for our country and continue to admire him.


Ok, end of short speech. ;)

No comments: