Thursday, December 31, 2009

Yearly Transitions

2009 has been a good year but definitely not an easy one. Thankfully, the hard times have, as always, made us stronger. I might be the only one who seems to think that 2009 passed WAY too quickly.
We moved 3 times in 2009.
We each have had 2 jobs in 2009.
We transitioned to living back in Mississippi rather than being in Florida.
I worked hard and got a 4.0 GPA for spring, summer and fall semesters of 2009.
There is so much more I could say about this year but it is so hard to sum it all up.

It has been a very hard year financially. Though there are weeks when we do work 40+ hours, neither of us have full-time jobs. There have been months when we made less than our rent total. God has provided, bottom line. We've done without a lot but we've learned so much from it and grown closer. Sometime in 2010 T will be leaving for basic training with the Army. I will be graduating in May. So there may still be months of struggling and "barely making it". I will be resting in the fact that God will continue to provide and that this will not last forever.

My goals for 2010:
- Spiritually: I want to grow more this year. I want to become stronger and have a more consistent quiet time.
- Financially: I want to continue to learn and use coupons. We will be sticking to a strict budget and try to save as much money as possible.
- Health: eat healthier, exercise. To me, it isn't necessarily about getting to a certain size or weight. I simply want to be healthy and take care of my body.
- Personally: I want to become a better wife/homemaker. I love Trevor with my whole heart and I want my actions and expressions to show that in everything that I do.

I will add to these goals and expound on them as time goes on, but those are the basics of what I intend to accomplish. I know that so many start the year out with such good intentions and lofty goals. Having goals down in writing helps me. Also, accountability is a must. For my few faithfuls out there, feel free to question me and keep me accountable about my 2010 goals as well as my 101 in 1001.
What are your goals for 2010?
I hope everyone has had a blessed 2009 and that you will continue to see God's grace, mercy and blessings in 2010.

6 comments:

Jodi aka One Blessed Mama said...

God bless you in the New Year!

Carrie said...

No! It wasn't a weird comment to say you love Dr. McMinn! I'm a HUGE fan of her's. I think she is not only a great doctor but a super sweet person too! :) Happy New Year!

Lori Yoder said...

I pray that God will bless you abundantly in this new year. It's not always easy, but through God all things are possible! (((Hugs)))

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Happy New Year to you....

Bird Stalker Photography said...

I am a mississippi girl. My sisters husbands in the army just pray you don't get sent to fort polk, that base is in the middle of nowhere lol. don't think I would wish that one on my worst enemey! lol Your goals are great, may you have a blessed new year!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I think 2010 is going to be your year! I'm right there with you on working on finances in the new year.