Friday, December 11, 2009

A moment to breathe

I need a moment to breathe. Literally. Here it is the first night of our Christmas program at church and I am at home with a sinus infection that is thoroughly kicking me in the behind. I'm so sad to be missing out. I'm hoping that by resting and staying medicated, I can participate tomorrow and Sunday though.
To be quite honest, things would be a lot better if I could consistently sleep well at night. When T works over night, I have the hardest time sleeping and when I do, I don't wake up rested. Unfortunately, I know this is only the beginning. I am trying to adjust to it now while it is only in small amounts. Once T leaves for Basic and AIT, it won't just be a night here or there of sleeping alone. It will be months of sleeping alone. I welcome any and all advice from you other wives who have had to deal with sleeping alone.
Thankfully, I am officially on my Christmas break from school. =) I was exempt from 2 exams, so I only had 4 final projects to turn in. I finished one last Friday, 2 Monday and the last 1 yesterday. Such a huge relief! I am hoping to get things under control here at home once I am feeling better. I feel like I am failing miserably at balancing everything. Between school, work, the Christmas program, and being a wife, I have used all of the hours in my day and then some.

I do continue reading and try to comment. I actually feel a lot more motivation to read and comment than I do to actually post myself. =)
I promise I will get down to business and announce the winner of my giveaway. And I will continue my Disney Resort Christmas tours.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.

P.S. Wanted to add this: We will not be sending out Christmas cards this year because the printer apparently lost the order. They offered to send them anyway, but seeing as how they would be getting here too late to send them out, I took a refund. I'm slightly bummed. I love sending out Christmas cards as much as I love receiving them. *sigh* Out of my hands.

3 comments:

Shoshanah said...

How sad that the printer lost your card order. At least you were able to get your money back though.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I hope you get some good rest soon!

JOY said...

Hugs for you and all the military wives! You are amazing!