Sunday, August 24, 2008

So I've been inspired... :)

At work, a lady was talking about her 101 in 1001. I had no clue what she was talking about and I didn't get a chance to ask her because I got rotated to a different spot. However, I come home to find that several people had updated their blogs and were also referring to the 101 in 1001. So I found out some more information and I've decided to take on the task as well. I have always been the type of person who enjoys lists and tasks. I guess I just like seeing my progress and being able to put a check next to something.

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.




So here we go... :)


Start date: 8/24/2008
End date: 5/11/2011

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am proud of you and can help you out on some of them when you get back.

You need to go to Amy Head Studio when you get back. Kimmie will give you a makeover and show you what works best for you!

And more...

I might have to make a list too... hmmm... Maybe after the letters!