Monday, August 2, 2010

Dear Shirley Temple

My Keeping It Off status for this week: -4lbs

I still haven't exercised any out of the norm. Horrible, I know. Still little to no red meat in my diet. And I ate a lot of food the 24 hours that I was at my family reunion. It's probably a good thing that I wasn't able to go for the whole week. ;)

My goals for this week:
- Walk 4 days at least 1 mile
- Eat more vegetables
- Replace one meal a day with my protein shake. This is going to require me actually eating more than 2 meals a day. I haven't been eating breakfast. I have been eating lunch and dinner in smaller proportions with 1-2 snacks of fruits or something low cal.

Saturday I came home from my family reunion with a headache which turned into a full fledged migraine yesterday morning. I spent most of the day being way too lazy and watching movies or reading. I pulled out some of my Shirley Temple DVDs and watched these.


 and I started watching this one before heading to my parent's house for a couple of hours.
Unfortunately, my laziness yesterday made sleeping last night next to impossible. I didn't fall asleep until after 4am. Thankfully, my head is feeling better today and all I seem to have is a lingering dull ache.
Did you watch Shirley Temple growing up? What are some of your favorite Shirley Temple movies? If you didn't what movies did you watch over and over again?

5 comments:

Aimee said...

My sister was more of a Shirley Temple lover. I mean I liked to watch them but man I was nothing compared to her. I dont really know what my favorite.

Any disney movie would be played over and over at our house.

Ashley said...

Love Shirley Temple!!

JG said...

Just a suggestion: I don't know if you've heard this, but apparently you can reset your body's metabolism from day-to-day, based on breakfast. Now, I'm NOT a breakfast eater, so usually I'll eat leftovers instead, but the basic idea is this: If you eat a big, huge breakfast, you body says, "Oh, this is a big eating day, I can burn off these calories because more are coming later." But if you eat little to no breakfast, your body says, "Oh dear, it's a fast day, I need to preserve these calories in case more don't come later." It all starts in the morning.

Anyway, it works for me. :)

I love Shirley Temple. Have you ever seen The Bachelor and the Bobbysoxer? She was a cute teenager, too!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Ahh! I just had a traumatic flashback to my childhood. Growing up my mom would make me watch her movies over and over and over! I think from the moment i learned the word no I started screaming it.

There's one movie I do like of her's but I can't remember the name. It's where she's in NY and sings on a radio program.

Shoshanah said...

I used to love watching Shirley Temple movies when I was little, although honestly I can't remember the ones I watched. I know a saw The Little Princess, and I think Heidi, but besides that I'm not sure.