Sunday, March 21, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - It's been a while!

It has been a while since I did a Menu Plan Monday. And our kitchen has been a disaster bit of a mess because of it. This week I am going to be putting my crockpot to use and eating rice and beans. I still have a ridiculous bean stockpile from Brookshires closing out sale. Also, I don't work until Thursday so I will be trying some new recipes which is always fun!

Side note: T is feeling MUCH better. They think that he had Giardia which is an infection of the intestines caused by a parasite. It is usually caused by tainted tap water. We have no idea how it got it because we only drink bottled water. The antibiotics they put him on flushed it out and he no longer looks like he is pregnant. ;) He also said that he wants "real" food this week. That clear liquid diet did not bode well with my hubby.

BREAKFASTS
I have perfected my morning protein drink. I absolutely, positively have never found a healthy drink that I like. But this is amazing! I am going to be sharing on that later this week. =) T always eats cereal for breakfast. He is a creature of habit and I have no intention of trying to convince him otherwise. It's less work for me! Ha.


Lunches
Mostly leftovers at school/work for both of us.

Dinners
Southwestern Pinto Bean Soup (new, crockpot)
Crockpot Red Beans and Rice
Mom's Cream Cheese Chicken (crockpot)
Slow Cooker Carnitas (new, crockpot)
Lasagna

3 comments:

JG said...

Glad he's feeling better! I'm interested to hear about that protein drink.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's great that he's feeling better!

Anonymous said...

You've got a great menu! I can't wait to read your protein shake recipe. Have a great week!

Allie
Learningtobefrugal.com